tensorflow causes rstudio to crash

I installed the tensorflow R package, then ran install_tensorflow(method = "conda").

I set the TENSORFLOW_PYTHON environmental variable in my .Rprofile.

When I start R in the terminal I am able to library(tensorflow) and proceed normally.

When I try to load tensorflow in rstudio, I am unable to execute any other commands that depend on reticulate (e.g. py_config). The session always crashes.

I was formerly able to run tensorflow in rstudio with R version 3.5

output of py_discover_config is identical in both R terminal and rstudio:

python:         /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/bin/python
libpython:      /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/lib/libpython3.7m.so
pythonhome:     /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow:/opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow
version:        3.7.3 | packaged by conda-forge | (default, Mar 27 2019, 23:01:00)  [GCC 7.3.0]
numpy:          /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy
numpy_version:  1.16.3

NOTE: Python version was forced by RETICULATE_PYTHON

output of py_config() in R terminal:

python:         /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/bin/python
libpython:      /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/lib/libpython3.7m.so
pythonhome:     /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow:/opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow
version:        3.7.3 | packaged by conda-forge | (default, Mar 27 2019, 23:01:00)  [GCC 7.3.0]
numpy:          /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy
numpy_version:  1.16.3
tensorflow:     /opt/miniconda3/envs/r-tensorflow/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow

NOTE: Python version was forced by RETICULATE_PYTHON

I think this might be related to keras not found even after installing

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.