Terminal Creation Failure - The specified module could not be found

Hello. I am running RStudio 2022.07.2 Built 576 "Spotted Wakerobin" Release and I am suddenly not able to use Terminal in RStudio. When I start up RStudio and click on the Terminal tab, there's a blinking cursor and no option to write any text. When I close and try to open a new terminal I get a box popping up that says "Terminal Creation Failure - The specified module could not be found".

I was using a much older 2021 version of RStudio so I tried upgrading to a newer 2022 version but the error persists. I am running 64-bit R-4.1.2.

I saw that a similar issue was created in 2021 without a resolution it appeared.

Here's my Terminal Diagnostics if that helps:

The terminal was just working for me yesterday. The only change I can think of is I downloaded and installed the gargle package and experimented with some gargle options. I am pretty baffled by this one.

Just figured out the answer to my own question and going to post it here for anyone to see!

I followed the Windows provided workflow at The error “The specified module could not be found” - Microsoft Community, in particular #3 - "Damaged Windows Registry Files", and rebooted my PC, and that solved my issue! Hope this helps others who run into the same problem!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.