The Quotable Office: Easily Find Your Favorite Quotes From the Office |> Table Contest

The Quotable Office: Easily Find Your Favorite Quotes From the Office

Authors: Brad Lindblad

website, github, LinkedIn

Abstract:

Michael: "That's what I said. That's what she said."

Jim: "That's what who said?" (Season 4, Episode 11)

Avoid embarrassing exchanges such as this with Quotable Office Shiny app, powered by {gt} and {reactable} tables!

Now, all you have to do is start typing how you think the line goes and the quotable office will find the line you're looking for.

This Shiny app uses a {gt} table along with a {reactable} table to searcg the {schrute} package for any line from the Office TV show.

Full Description: This app utilizes a package of mine called {schrute} that holds all of the transcripts from The Office. I often found myself writing offhand code to find a particular line I wanted to quote in text convos with friends. I eventually realized that a Shiny app would be in order.

The Shiny app uses two different tables to convey the information: {reactable} and {gt}. I used {reactable} for a table that the user clicks to select which line they want to see in the context of the conversation. I like how {gt} tables look and how they easily integrate images, which is why the "display" table in the app was made with {gt}.

Table Type: interactive-Shiny
Submission Type: Single Table Example
Table: https://bradleylindblad.shinyapps.io/quotableoffice
Code: GitHub - bradlindblad/QuotableOffice: Repo for the quotable office R Shiny app
Cloud project: RStudio Cloud
Languages: Built with R: true. Built with Python: false.
Industries: Entertainment.
Other packages: schrute, gt, reactable, golem, waiter

3 Likes