paid / permanent / Dublin, Ireland (also Leeds UK)
The role: Data Science Manager
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to join our busy and dynamic Business Intelligence team based in our Dublin service office.
Why we need you: –
Working within a team of Data Scientists, you will develop and operationalise cutting-edge machine learning models.
You will work closely with many different teams across the business, using machine learning and advanced analytics to contribute to their success and help translate business vision into actionable output.
You will be a senior member of the Data Science team. Your responsibilities will include leading projects, contributing to strategy and roadmap planning, and managing other members of the team.
You will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects, including deep learning, recommendation systems, real-time CRM, and NLP.
Who are we looking for: –
- You will have experience working as a Data Scientist with a degree or MSc/PhD in a STEM subject.
- Experience in a leadership or mentoring role.
- A passion for data science and experience delivering machine learning or analytics projects in an academic or corporate environment.
- You’ll have a great understanding of statistical methods and machine learning techniques.
- You will be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, R, Scala).
- Experience manipulating large datasets using SQL, Spark, or similar.
- The ability to tell a story through data and explain technical concepts to stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you will have: –
- Previous experience in the online gaming industry is desirable.
- Proficiency with the PyData stack and experience with deep learning frameworks.
- Hands on experience working with big data solution and/or cloud technology.
- Knowledge of git and version control as well as experience working with Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of computer science concepts such as memory management, time complexity and parallelisation would be a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
– health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
– the option to join our company pension scheme
– 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
– free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
– access to an onsite gym and subsidised canteen.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.