paid / full-time / Leeds UK (also St Julian's, Malta)
The role: Data Scientist
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our fast-paced and dynamic Business intelligence team in our Leeds office.
Are you our next star player?
“We are passionate about applying data science and machine learning to create value and grow our business. Our team is a highly collaborative and encouraging environment where you can hone your skillset and progress your career in a direction that interests you. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting data science projects and be involved all the way from ideation to delivery.” Joseph Wilkinson – Senior Manager, Data Science.
Why we need you:
Working within a team of Data Scientists, you will develop and operationalise ground breaking machine learning models and promote responsible gaming excellence.
You’ll be a Data Science partner to the Responsible Gaming and Group Risk teams. You will work with stakeholders to find opportunities where Data Science can improve responsible gaming tools and ensure regulatory compliance.
You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of responsible gaming machine learning models and providing analytical support over large and complex datasets using a variety of Data Science and statistical techniques.
Who we’re looking for:
- Degree or MSc/PhD qualified in a STEM subject
- A passion for data science and experience delivering machine learning or analytics projects in an academic or corporate environment
- You’ll have a great understanding of statistical methods and machine learning techniques
- You will be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, R, Scala).
- Experience manipulating large datasets using SQL, Spark, or similar
- The ability to tell a story through data and explain technical concepts to stakeholders
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
- Previous experience in the online gaming industry is desirable
- Proficiency with the PyData stack and experience with deep learning frameworks
- Hands on experience working with big data solution and/or cloud technology
- Knowledge of git and version control as well as experience working with Unix/Linux environments
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:-
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.