The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running.

Error Information:

Windows 7 32-bit

Description of issue -
RStudio will not open. I get the following error message. I have just updated to the latest version of RStudio

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I thought RStudio windows installer installed the correct version based upon the system. There is no way that I can see of downloading a 32bit or 64bit version and I don't ever remember that being the case.

Attempted steps taken to fix -
Uninstalled/re-installed. Cannot open so I can't do anything inside of it.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 1.2.1335
  • OS Version: Windows 7 32bit
  • R Version: 3.5.3
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible):

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

See the thread here:

TL;DR 32-bit is not currently supported in RStudio v1.2 (see thread for more details)

ok, didn't know 32bit was not supported in 1.2.1335 thank you.

1 Like

I am facing the same issue.

I uninstall 1.2.1335 and from archive I install previsions version i.e. 1.1.463.

I wish I could have 1.2.1335 on my windows 7 pc.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.