Tidyverse package

Hello,
I have install tidyverse package , then load it by using library(tidyverse). There is an error message being displayed " Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘fs’"
How can i use tidyverse?

Thanks,

It looks like you are missing the fs package.
Try

install.packages("fs")

{tidyverse} is a meta-package i.e. it is a package of packages. When you install tidyverse, it installs a lot of packages along with their dependencies. While installing, sometimes, a package here or there fails to install. The R packages installer continues to install other packages. So the error message of packages failure gets lost in the huge verbose output you see on the console. Right now, when you try to load tidyverse, it says {fs} package in missing. After you install {fs} using install.packages("fs") and then retry loading tidyverse, it may say some other package is missing. Don't worry. Continue to install those packages until all missing packages are installed. Usually it is one of two missing packages.

Also please restart your R session after every package install.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.