Tinytex package

Hello, I try to install Tinytex on R for my assignment, but without success. I have installed before MacTex, a LaTex program for Mac. After I try to install Tinytex the following output is written on the console:
Detected an existing tlmgr at /Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr. It seems TeX Live has been installed (check tinytex::tinytex_root()). You have to uninstall it, or use install_tinytex(force = TRUE) if you are sure TinyTeX can override it (e.g., you are a PATH expert or installed TinyTeX previously).
Before the installation of MacTex on the console was written usr/local/bin not writable.

Sounds like you may need to uninstall MacTeX before installing TinyTeX. Note that you'll save a lot of space by doing this, but if you already have MacTeX installed you probably don't necessarily need to install TinyTeX.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.