TinyTex troubles

Hello everyone!!!

I'm trying to compile a document in RMarkdown, using TinyTex package, but I have been had problems. I tried to install the package using the follows comands:

install.packages('tinytex')
tinytex::install_tinytex()

But, when I try to compile, I have the follow mistake:

Error: LaTeX failed to compile main_thesis.tex. See https://yihui.org/tinytex/r/#debugging for debugging tips. See main_thesis.log for more info.
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In xfun::read_utf8(f2) :
  The file C:\Users\JSSICA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpaes1wW\stderr22786de01766 is not encoded in UTF-8. These lines contain invalid UTF-8 characters: 1, 3, 7, 8
2: In xfun::read_utf8(f2) :
  The file C:\Users\JSSICA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpaes1wW\stderr22781cd45387 is not encoded in UTF-8. These lines contain invalid UTF-8 characters: 1, 3, 7, 8

I accessed the indicate site (The R package tinytex - Helper Functions to Manage TinyTeX, and Compile LaTeX Documents - Yihui Xie | 谢益辉) for to try solve the problem and followed whole steps... But it still doesn't work.

Somebody knows this problem and can help me please?

Thanks so much
Jessica

What's on those lines?

Also see this documentation as it may help

These are header rows. But regardless of the document, this same error always appears

Thanks @cderv. I will read the document.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.