TOC problem when knitting Rmarkdown document with images

Finished and published on github my first website using Distill package in RStudio: https://crlnp.github.io/3-objets.html

On this page I include several images in my rmarkdown document and it causes problems with the table of contents: the headings are duplicated and don't scrolldown adequatly. My present configuration is this:
toc: true
toc_float:
collapsed: false
Smooth_scroll: false
code_download: true

But I have tried every combination of toc_float: options possible and it does not solve the problem. Also tried changing the heading levels (all #, ...). The problem appears wether the image is inserted traditionally or in a code bloc. If I take out the images in my file, the TOC works properly. I have not been able to find any information on this issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

Crossposting from stackoverflow

Can you share a reproducible example so that we can investigate ?

Also does this happens only in distill or when you render a simple Rmd file to HTML ?

At last, have you updated to all last version of the package ? And maybe dev version currently on Github to see if this is still an issue ?

Sorry about the lack of info. No it also happens when knitting a single Rmd file. I downloaded the dev version and it had no impact. Not sure how to send a reproducible example with inserted images. Really sorry about the newbie clumsiness! Would a link to the file on the website repo be ok? CRLNP.github.io/3-objets.Rmd at master · CRLNP/CRLNP.github.io · GitHub

thanks again!

sessionInfo()
R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 17763)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=French_Canada.1252 LC_CTYPE=French_Canada.1252 LC_MONETARY=French_Canada.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=French_Canada.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.0.3 htmltools_0.5.0 tools_4.0.3 yaml_2.2.1 rmarkdown_2.4 knitr_1.30 xfun_0.18
[8] digest_0.6.25 rlang_0.4.8 evaluate_0.14

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.