transform variables in dataframe using fuzzy logic

I have a dataset consisting of ordinal variables on a Likert scale from 1 to 5. I intend to use triangular membership function and transform each factor data value for all the variables to a defined fuzzy set in R.
For example, I have a dataset with 5 variables say V1 to V5 which I measured through my survey items of a questionnaire on scale 1 to 5 from 1 being strongly disagreed to 5 being strongly agreed. Likert values are nothing but perceptions of respondents so they can be transformed into a fuzzy set. So, a score of 1 can be transformed into a triangular membership function of (0,1,2) and so on. Once derived, I wish to cluster or perform PCA on these variables.

I am confused about how to transform my variables entries to the fuzzy set and then perform the above-mentioned analysis. Any suggestions or references are welcome.

Thanks

Hi, and welcome!

Please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers.

I suspect that you'll be able to use purr::map functions to do this, but it's hard to tell without representative data and the transformation function.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.