Trickerion boardgame strategy dashboard - 2020 Shiny Contest Submission

Trickerion boardgame strategy dashboard

Authors: Samuel Huerga
Working with Shiny more than 1 year

Abstract: Trickerion is a very strategic board game where you need to planify in advance which resources to buy. In order to help players with their decisions, I've created this app, that recomends and optimises which tricks are more profitable and which resources need to be bought.

Full Description: Trickerion is a boardgame where you represent a magician in the 19th century trying to perform the best tricks in the most famous theaters around the world.
It’s one of my favourite games: its graphic desing is stunning, gameplay is really tense, and it’s pretty complex.

It is a heavy strategic game, where you have to prepare your actions in advance. To perform tricks in the theaters, you need first to prepare them, and to do so you need to buy components required. However, these components are not always available, and you need to order them overseas.

In order to help players with decisions during the gameplay, I have developed a Shiny web application, where depending on components available and components already owned, it recommends which tricks cost less to learn and which ones would give you more return on your investment.

I have tried to take special care with the interface of the app, and it helped me to learn a little bit more about CSS and UI personalization of Shiny Apps to keep aligned with aesthetics of original game.

Hope you like it!

Category: Other
Keywords: boardgame,optimization,ui,css
Shiny app: https://samuelhuerga.shinyapps.io/trickerion/
Repo: GitHub - samuelhuerga/trickerion_shiny: App to help player choose tricks on Trickerion boardgame
RStudio Cloud: Posit Cloud

Thumbnail:

Full image:

1 Like