Trouble Connecting Redshift via RJDBC after updating R and RStudio

I've recently updated to R 4.2 and RStudio Build 492, and since then I've been having issues connecting to my companies instance of Redshift.

I also updated to the latest version of the RJDBC package (0.2.10).

When pointing to the driver version, I'm using the following function call:

drv2 <- JDBC("com.amazon.redshift.jdbc.Driver","C:/Program Files/RStudio/jar_repo/RedshiftJDBC42-no-awssdk-1.2.41.1065.jar")

After running this function, RStudio has a catastrophic failure and I have to restart the session. In troubleshooting, I've run the connection string as well as the database call through the standard R Gui and it works just fine using the RJDBC package and the new version of R.

I've reinstalled base R and RStudio, but can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the hiccup. Does anyone here have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim

RJDBC dependes on RJava, there is a know issue with loading RJava on R 4.2, Windows systems and RStudio. You can download the patched R version or wait for the stable release next week.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the update!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.