Trouble downloading and loading a package called 'IMak'

Hello,

First, let me just say that I'm still quite new to R, so forgive me of my ignorance.

I'm trying to install and load this package called 'IMak'. And so, I did the following procedure:

install.packages("IMak")
library(IMak)

But then , when I try to load the package, it gives me this error message:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘IMak’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
 unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/imager/libs/imager.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/imager/libs/imager.so, 6): Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/imager/libs/imager.so
  Reason: image not found

I spoke with the developer of this package and he told me to download 'imager', so I did that by writing the following code:

install.packages("imager")
library(imager)

But I still get the following error message when trying to load 'imager':

Loading required package: magrittr
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘imager’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
 unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/imager/libs/imager.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/imager/libs/imager.so, 6): Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/imager/libs/imager.so
  Reason: image not found

So I'm kind of lost right now on what I should do. Looking for some advice on how to move forward please :slight_smile:

Make sure you have XQuartz installed/updated in your system (not in R).