Trouble Downloading Magrittr

Hi there, I am trying to download dplyr to pull data from bigquery directly into an RStudio workspace. Initially, after downloading dplyr i ran:

library(dplyr) 

And got an error that "rcpp" and "bindrcpp" were missing and I downloaded them without problem. Then I tried running library(dplyr) again and found that "magrittr" was missing. When installing magrittr I receive this message:

*** arch - i386
Warning: running command 'make -f "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/etc/i386/Makeconf" -f "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/share/make/winshlib.mk" SHLIB="magrittr.dll" OBJECTS="pipe.o utils.o"' had status 127
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'magrittr'

• removing 'C:/Users/reube/OneDrive/Documents/R/win-library/3.3/magrittr'
    Warning in install.packages :
    running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Users\reube\OneDrive\Documents\R\win-library\3.3" C:\Users\reube\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpozhcdB/downloaded_packages/magrittr_2.0.1.tar.gz' had status 1
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘magrittr’ had non-zero exit status

This is my code:

Have you tried closing and restarting R Studio?

hey william,
thanks for the response. I tried ctrl+shift+F10 to restart the session. But I havent tried closing and shutting it down.

R has problems with synced folders very frequently, I recommend you to move your user-level package library into a non-synced folder or to install into the system-level package library instead.

You can change the defaul values by setting your R_LIBS_SITE environmental variable on a .Reviron or .Rprofile file

# In .Renviron file you can set it by adding this line
R_LIBS_SITE="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.0.2\\library"

For a more detailed explanation, you can read this blog post

Also, you are using a very old R version, if you update your R version (the latest version is 4.0.3) you would have access to precompiled binaries so you could avoid compilation issues.

Thanks king,
I updated to the latest version and all worked out fine.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.