Trouble starting RStudio

Hi,

I am having trouble starting RStudio Desktop 1.3.1093 for the first time. I am using R 4.0.3. It starts up, but it shows a loading screen for a while, and comes up with a message saying "R is taking longer to start than usual." It then gives the options to reload or terminate R.

The given error message is "[No error available]" and similar for the process output. The log is:
10 Nov 2020 00:19:46 [rsession-arlo.taylor] WARNING Abort requested; LOGGED FROM: bool __cdecl rstudio::session::connection::checkForAbort(class rstudio_boost::shared_ptr,const class rstudio_boost::function<void __cdecl(void)>) src/cpp/session/http/SessionHttpConnectionUtils.cpp:140

I am on windows 10. I have tried RGui and it works fine.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both R and RStudio multiple times.

Thanks,
Arlo

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

Have you tried resetting RStudio's state?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

I am experiencing the same error, similar to RStudio Desktop keeps crashing. From what that thread talked about, it might be important to try to find which project R is trying to load, but I do not know and don't know a way to figure this out. I have also tried deleting .Rdata and .Rproj.user files/folders but the same error keeps coming up.

I just tried it, and the same error occurred.

1 Like