Trouble with Cosinor Package in R - Beginner

Hi guys,

I am currently attempting to run some circadian rhythm analysis with the cosinor package in R-studio, and I have hit a roadblock. I have a rather large data set, with columns of "Treatment" (having one of three treatments), "Time" (formatted as HH:MM:SS, ranging from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59), "Bird", "Activity" and "Sex": data format

I am trying to analyze how the cosine function of my "Activity" variable will change over time depending upon the "Treatment" variable by using the cosine.lm function, and I keep getting the same error:

orexin.fit = cosinor.lm(Activity ~ time(Time) + Treatment, data=Orexin.Collapsed, period = 24, na.action = na.omit)
summary(orexin.fit)

Error: Error in indexmat %*% vmat : non-conformable arguments

Additionally, when I try to analyze the data using the cosinor_analyzer tool I get the following error: variable 'Treatment' was fitted with type "character" but type "numeric" was supplied.

I am a beginner, so the solution may be rather simple, but I am blocked trying to figure this out by myself. Is there anybody who can help me?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.