Trouble with Installing SDMTools

I am trying to install SDMTools 1.1-221 in R 4.2. This is the code I am using:

install.packages("remotes")
remotes::install_version("SDMTools","1.1-221")

And this is the message that is shown:

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'SDMTools'

• removing 'C:/Users/holde/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/SDMTools'
    Warning message:
    In i.p(...) :
    installation of package ‘C:/Users/holde/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmp4ypYeO/remotes4fb467706b03/SDMTools’ had non-zero exit status

I have even used the code

remotes::install_version("SDMTools","1.1-221",dependencies = TRUE)

The message is still the same. I downloaded RTools42 to try and help, but it has not. I appreciate any feedback and help.

Can you post the complete console output you get when you try to install it? The excerpt you have posted has no relevant information about the problem

Yes, here it is.

SDMTools is a very old package no longer maintained, I think it is simply not compatible with the latest R version. If you want to use it I think you are going to have to install an older R version (there are binaries for 3.0 so it is likely to compile in other 3.x versions).

Also, please do not post screenshots, it is considered a bad practice here, post formatted code instead. Here is how to do it:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.