Turn off Rstudio menu shortcuts? "Modify Keyboard shortcuts" didn't work

Hello everyone,

I would like to you use the shortcuts Alt+F, Alt+E and Alt+D for something. However, they still seem to be assigned to opening (respectively) the File Menu, Edit Menu and Debug Menu from the top bar. I already removed the keyboard shortcuts called "View File Menu" and so on. But this didn't change anything. Does anyone have an idea to help me? Thank you!

Hi @lsdkfjla, this guide you for edit the shortcuts:

https://support.posit.co/hc/en-us/articles/206382178-Customizing-Keyboard-Shortcuts-in-the-RStudio-IDE#:~:text=You%20can%20modify%20a%20command's,to%20bind%20the%20command%20to.

Yes, thats how I tried to turn off the mentioned shortcuts and use Alt+F for "Delete". But although there are no conflicts shown as soon as I press Alt+F for example, the File Menu opens up and not "Delete"? Thanks for a reply. My problem seems to be similar to the one described in this comment for example: Emacs key binding - #4 by Sophia

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.