paid / full-time / Anderlecht & Brussels, Belgium
Analytics Innovation Specialist
Anderlecht, Brussels, Belgium
Job Function: Finance
Job ID: 66470
Global Analytics & Data Foundation team is the inhouse analytics mind, and a trusted sparring partner to enable strategy implementation with elegant advanced analytics, purposeful & focused data-driven insights, and innovative views on Business Solutions.
Location can be: China, Belgium, France, UK, Germany or Switzerland.
To strengthen our Global Analytics & Data Foundation team , based in our HQ offices in Brussels , Belgium , we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Analytics Innovation Specialist.
As an Analytics Innovation Specialist you will develop customized analytics models and algorithms to identify valuable and actionable insights within large internal and external data sets.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Drive analytics priorities through rapid piloting and scaling of next generation technologies;
- Develop novel data science ideas, pushing the boundaries of what we do, as well as champion these ideas by showcasing their potential through prototypes and by conveying their business value;
- Collaborate with IT to create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader;
- Review, research and introduce new tools, practices and methodologies for processing large datasets;
- Work in squad teams with different stakeholders, as well as Business Translators, Business Analysts and Insight Finders, etc., to identify opportunities of leveraging data to solve business challenges.
You will contribute by :
- Being the spearhead of Analytics team to uncover the value-creation opportunities by suggesting the new business questions / hypotheses and innovating new analytics solutions through a lean and agile way of working;
- Exploring new business questions to inspire ideas of new solutions (Bringing different perspective to challenge status quo to uncover hidden business value);
- Providing new answers to existing business questions (Prototype and test new solutions);
- Conducting trial of insight innovation ideas during a 5 days sprint to assess the potential and feasibility;
- Adopting two-prolonged approaches of establishing in-house capabilities and partnering with external resources to access to innovative solutions;
- Leading Innovation Hackathon to cultivate innovative culture cross-functionally and to generate a portfolio of ideas to industrialize;
- Ensuring Quality and Decision Making support;
- Influencing Stakeholders to maximize impact of analytics that are run;
- Driving the mindset change of everyone involved and impacted by related projects;
- Bringing New question & or new answers with new ways of working.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, business or a similar field. Master’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of experiences using various programming languages (R, Python, etc.,) to develop and apply machine learning methods and algorithms to address business priorities
- 3+ years of experiences in functional business domains (e.g. R&D, Finance, HR, Sales & Marketing, etc.,) with exposure to digital / data technology innovation projects.
- Understanding of the digital ecosystem in EU, US, China, or Japan is a plus
- Insight generation & interpretation
- Data & analytics modeling
- Understanding of Machine learning Concepts, Time Series of Forecasting, Logistic Regression, Data Mining.
- Proficient with one of more programming languages such R, Python, etc. is preferred
- Adaptive high-speed learning
- Creative problem solving (& decision making)
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.