paid / full-time / San Francisco, CA, USA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is looking for an experienced data scientist to partner with our content team. Udemy’s data scientists draw on a combination of quantitative methods and product intuition to find actionable insights that drive key business decisions. We are interested in questions such as:
What are the emerging technology trends in which Udemy should invest?
What market intelligence data will empower instructors to be successful?
Which subject areas have unmet demand? Are saturated?
What content strategy best fits enterprise learners? Consumer learners?
Which of our courses are substitutes? Which fill a distinct niche?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Define and drive Udemy’s market intelligence strategy
- Build and scale predictive models by combining varied data sources
- Partner with product, design, and engineering to embed results in organization
- Collaborate with content strategy teams on enterprise learning
- Provide technical mentorship to others
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years of industry experience working with complex data sets
- Experience building and deploying predictive models
- Proficient in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel, and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong product intuition and business-oriented mindset
- Broad knowledge of applied statistics and experimental design
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Chartio, or Tableau)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).