Unable to deploy to Shiny via Actions since R 4.04

I had an automatic deployment to my shinyapps.io which worked fine prior to R 4.04. Now, I am receiving the following error:

Preparing to deploy application...DONE
Detecting system locale ... en_US
Uploading bundle for application: 3332547...DONE
Deploying bundle: 4232239 for application: 3332547 ...
Waiting for task: 872889569
  building: Processing bundle: 4232239
  building: Parsing manifest
  building: Building image: 4831104
  building: Building package: crayon
################################ Begin Task Log ################################ 
################################# End Task Log ################################# 
Error: Error: Unhandled Exception: Child Task 872889572 failed: Error building image: Error building crayon (1.4.1). R version 4.0.4 currently unavailable

I am running this on a Windows runner using the latest version of R.

1 Like

I have been getting same issue. Following thread.

I think the error message is pretty self-explanatory, R 4.0.4 is not currently available at shinyapps.io, you can wait until they update their servers or you can downgrade your own R version to R 4.0.3 (On Winows you can have both versions at the same time).

I'm having the same problem on my macos, just updated to R4.0.4 latest tap on brew and now get this error:

Error building image: Error building crayon (1.4.1). R version 4.0.4 currently unavailable

This is a major problem, I hope this will be fixed today!

That is unlikely, if you are on a hurry you can try RSwitch to alternate among R versions seamlessly on macOS