Unable to edit the source window in RStudio 1.2.1060

Hello,
I installed the most recent Rstudio Preview version (1.2.1060) for Windows but I cannot edit the source pane... I can code in the console just fine, but impossible to edit an .R or .Rmd file.
I uninstalled / re-installed Rstudio a couple of times, but I'm still facing the same issue.

System info:

R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 14393)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252   
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C                          
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252    

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.5.1  tools_3.5.1     yaml_2.2.0      packrat_0.4.9-3

Anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks,

Tony

Thanks for the bug report! This is a known issue; we're going to try to get a fixed iteration of the preview release ready soon (hopefully available for download tomorrow).

Thanks for taking the time to test and sorry that this issue snuck into the preview release.

Thanks! Just letting you know that I downloaded version 1.2.1070, and the problem is still there.

Can you provide some more information on what you're seeing? What exactly do you mean by 'edit the source pane'? Are you able to open files and view the contents?

By any chance do you see a 'red' blinking cursor when you click into one of the editors?

Sure. I can:

• Open new or existing .R files
  • View their content
  • Run them
  • Close them

I cannot:

• add new content to the files (the exception being, I can send lines of code from the history pane to source)

I don't see any red blinking cursor.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there any other helpful information I can send.

That is bizarre!

Do you see this in all files? What if you try to create or edit a regular text file (file with extension .txt)?

Is there anything unique about your computer setup, either software-wise or hardware-wise?

If you open a Terminal, are you able to type and send commands in there?

You can also try resetting RStudio's state: https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200534577-Resetting-RStudio-Desktop-s-State

Thanks! Resetting Rstudio's state did the trick. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Just to answer your questions:

• Yes, it did this for all the file type: .txt, .Rmd, .d3, etc.
  • Terminal worked fine

Thanks again