Unable to Import Data in correct format

Description of issue -

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me about importing data ? Thanks a lot.

I copied some numerical data into rtf file from a website as it does not have Download data option.

In rtf file it looks like a standard numerical dataframe with several variables. But R can not import it correctly. I tried Import Dataset(from base) and (from readr).

Note it can not be copypaste into excel as the matrix somehow converged into one column and the numbers are messed up.

I attach the screenshots to show how the data looks like in the rtf file and how it looks like after import in R studo.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop)

• RStudio Version: 1.2.5033

• OS Version: 0.14.6

• sessionInfo():

Referred here from support.rstudio.com

Could you show us a screenshot of the file's contents? That would help us understand how it is structured.

Hi thanks for your reply.

The contents is the table on the left. I am unable to post to two graphs so I screenshot the original rtf file and the interface of R studio together side by side.

I wouldnt try to load from rtf.
load the rtf in wordpad or word or whatever you have and resave it as plaintext.
then we can look at if thats importable. otherwise maybe best to look at web scrape directly from the source ( html)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.