Unable to install dslabs

I attempt to install dslabs on RStudio by typing install.packages ("dslabs") and this is the error code i get.

Error in install.packages : cannot open file 'C:/Users/Melvin Monter/OneDrive/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/file38e411d764c4/colorspace/cvdemulator/www/images/descimage.png': Permission denied

Something strange is happening here. Looks like you're trying to operate your Rstudio from one drive? If so some of those files might be read and write protected and will cause serious issues for you where it denies you permissions.

R has problems with cloud-synced folders (OneDrive in your case), I recommend you to set your package library in a non-synced folder.

You can change the default library folder by setting your R_LIBS_SITE environmental variable in a .Reviron or .Rprofile file. For example:

# In a .Renviron file you can set it by adding a line like this one with the desired location 
R_LIBS_SITE="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.1.2\\library"

For a more detailed explanation, you can read this blog post

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.