I am having issues with the installment of packages:
install.packages("packagename") in this case: benchmarkme, but it's the same for other packages,
R happily downloads the package and its dependencies.
* installing *source* package ‘sys’ ... ** package ‘sys’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked ** using staged installation ** libs sh: 1: make: not found Warning in system(cmd) : error in running command ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘sys’ * removing ‘/home/steven/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/sys’ Warning in install.packages : installation of package ‘sys’ had non-zero exit status
and so on for every dependency.
I just migrated to Ubuntu so that probobly has something to do with it.
Does anyone have a clue on what could be the problem?
Steps taken so far -
- restart Rstudio
- install the packages from outside of Rstudio
- searching for answers via google, stack overflow, this community
all without advancement.
- RStudio Edition: Desktop
- RStudio Version: Version 1.4.1106
- OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
- R Version: 4.0.4