Unable to install R packages

I'm trying to install packages but things don't seem to work for any and I don't know why.
I'm doing the good old install.packages :

install.packages("tidyverse")

And then i get :
Installing package into ‘/home/user/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.5’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

But then it just simply stops with no error or warning. When I require the package with library(tidyverse) it states that there's no package called "tidyverse"

I'm using tidyverse as an example but it does the same for any other package i try to install.

Precision : I'm on an offline virtual machine behind a firewall so I'm using a CRAN mirror link to get my packages.

What is the console output in case you call:

installed.packages()

?
Can you find tidyverse in the list?
What's the common LibPath for the other existing packages?

I get the list of all the package installed (it used to work before, i don't know what happened) and no tidyverse on there...
The libpath for the existing packages is the one stated when installing package above :
" /home/user/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.5 "

Hi lianouw,

Have you checked if the library repository been marked as read only?

Chuck

1 Like

Hi !
Sorry for the delay the computer with the issue was at work. So yes I checked, it is not...
Today i tried to reinstall a package again and finally got an error :

unable to access index for repository <-artifactory link->
cannot open URL <-artifactory link->

This used to work... I can't see why i can't reach that link anymore

This sounds like a network configuration problem, you should ask your IT department if they have changed some network configuration like a firewall or proxy server.

@lianouw
how are you connected with the internet? LAN or WLAN?
It seems you're not allowed to connect to the target URL (as @andresrcs said) - maybe prohibited due to a firewall. OR the repo in unavailable.
Could you try to call the repo again via a different connection type?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.