Unable to install shiny package

Hello,
I am unable to install shiny package in RStudio.
I type in the following in the console...

install.packages("shiny")

...and get the following error.
Error in install.packages : cannot open file 'C:/Users/Mustafa/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/file249048343b79/BH/include/boost/geometry/util/readme.txt': Permission denied

I am completely new to using RStudio and not sure if I am doing something wrong. Any direction is appreciated.

Sometimes this is observed when using cluster computing facilities or computers owned by your workplace - are either of those your case? Usually you don't have write permissions. If using a cluster, you could ask the admin to install it for you. If it's your work computer, ask for administrative/write privileges.

You could also try install R/RStudio as administrator.

Hi,
thank you so much for your response.
I do use my personal laptop and I do have admin access; however, not sure I get this message. Gladly I have another laptop and it worked on that so I think I was able to get through this week and submit my assignment.
Thanks again.
Mustafa

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.