Unable to install tidyverse at all

Hi there, I'm quite new to R and RStudio, having only used it since October for a short little optional university course, there primarly using RMarkdown. I never experienced any problems there whenever I used it during the course, but as I am now in a mandatory course for R, I seem to have trouble with tidyverse.

It first started to not work, as I apparently did not have the highest updated "vctr" package, upon which my professor told me to delete all tidy-related packagesand try to reinstall. That didn't work, and the image below kept popping up, after pressing yes, the same thing kept popping up, like a huge loop.
Picture1

Also this error command shows up:

package ‘tidyselect’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in install.packages : ERROR: failed to lock directory ‘C:\Users\marco\AppData\Local\R\win-library\4.2’ for modifying
Try removing ‘C:\Users\marco\AppData\Local\R\win-library\4.2/00LOCK’

Completely deleting R and RStudio doesn't work also :confused:

If anybody knows a solution, I'd be really grateful!

You have a lock file from a previous failed installation attempt, you need to delete that file first.

This is like happening because you have enabled the "Restore .RData into workspace at startup" option which is loading packages you want to update. Try disabling that.

Uninstalling R doesn't remove your existing R package library, you would need to manually delete that folder to have a fresh start.

‘C:\Users\marco\AppData\Local\R\win-library\4.2\’

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.