Unable to load e1071

When I tried to create an object using train() caret package function, the following message appears in the console of R Studio
main_eff1 <- train(nupe_rec,

•               data = nupe_train, 

•               method = "glm", 

•               metric = "accuracy",

•               trControl = int_ctrl)

Error: package e1071 is required

But, e1071 package is already installed. When I called for the package by typing library(e1071), it reads as below:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘e1071’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/proxy/libs/proxy.so':
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/proxy/libs/proxy.so, 6): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/proxy/libs/proxy.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/proxy/libs/proxy.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

I am running R Studio IDE Version 1.4.1717 and R version 4.1.1 (2021-08-10) -- "Kick Things"

Pls help

Try reinstalling the proxy package

Install.packages("proxy")

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.