Unable to log into RStudio Server Pro IDE after installation

rstudio
rstudioserverpro

Hello,
I installed RStudio Server Pro server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5 (Maipo). However after installing the RSP, I am unable to log into IDE. I tried copying /etc/pam.d/login to /etc/pam.d/rstudio however, still can't log in.
What else can I check to resolve this login issue?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry about this!
What happens when you log in?

It sounds like you've successfully followed these steps: http://docs.rstudio.com/ide/server-pro/index.html#redhat-centos-6

That is correct. I used the instructions in RSP admin guide.
It just gives error message "Error: Incorrect or invalid username/password"

Interesting. That sounds like your password validation is failing. Does your user have a password defined? You can check this with passwd at the command line. The other thing you might check is the UID / GID of your user (with id). I believe by default, RSP requires UID to be greater than 1000?

Some other things to check are whether your user has a home directory that is owned / readable / writable by the user. That would not be throwing an invalid user / pass error, though.

Another route you might take is to use the pamtester utility that comes bundled with RSP to ensure that the PAM authentication is happening appropriately.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.