I am trying to create multiple users and start rstudio-server using one of them.
The issue that I am facing is that when I provide the correct credentials for any of the users, I am redirected back to the login page without any error and needless to say, i am not able to login. The incorrect credentials prevent login as expected with the error message.
I have done the following things in my docker file:
- Built and installed required version of R with
- Downloaded rstudio-server community edition.
- Installed initscripts
- Installed rstudio-server community edition.
- Set permissions to /etc/shadow to 644 (Read that in a forum)
- Created required users using useradd.
- Created required directories and set the group of all users as that of the user that is used to start rstudio-server. Also, just so I could rule out any permission issues, set 777 permissions to all users recursively.
/etc/pam.d/rstudio(Read that in a forum)
- Set the user as the one to be used to start rstudio-server.
- Started server with
off. (Read that in a forum. Also tried without this and also with setting this to 0.)
I am also unable to see the logs. To check for the same I tried the following:
- Check for
/var/log/messagesturns out, it doesnt exist.
journalctl -u rstudio-serverand
journalctl -fstill nothing.
- Also searched for
/var/lib/rstudio-server/monitor/log/rstudio-server.logunable to find the same.
Since I am unable to find the logs, I am not able to narrow down where the problem is.
Where could I be going wrong?