Unable to use NRG software and python package with R

NRG Systems has dataloggers to register meteorological raw data and they save it in a specific type of file with extension .rld or .rwd. They have a free software call SymphoniePro Desktop to load this files and analyze the data. From this software you can convert .rld or .rwd files to a text file to use it as you need.

They also develop a python package call nrgpy to convert from .rld to .txt and the package use the SymphoniePro Desktop (Somehow!! I really don´t understand) installed in you computer. Actually, NRG says you must install SymphoniePro so you can convert files using the nrgpy package.

When I use python and nrgpy I don´t have problems converting the files. The code is as simply as this:

import nrgpy
text_folder_name = '/archivos/txt' 
converter = nrgpy.local_rld(rld_dir="/Data/rld", out_dir=text_folder_name)
converter.convert()

At the end I get a message that all files got converted like this:

Converting 1446 files from \archivos\txt
Saving outputs to \Data\rld
TXT files saved in \Data\rld
RLDs in : 1446
TXTs out : 1446
LOGs out : 0
Difference : 0

I tried to run python and nrgpy from Rmarkdown in Rstudio and I used this code:

# R
library(reticulate)
# R 
use_condaenv("Anaconda3")
Python chunk
import nrgpy
text_folder_name = '/archivos/txt' 
converter = nrgpy.local_rld(rld_dir="/Data/rld", out_dir=text_folder_name)
converter.convert()

At the end I get this message:

Converting 1446 files from \archivos\txt
Saving outputs to \Data\rld
Unable to process files in directory

No files were converted after this!!

I´m not sure if python can´t connect with SymphoniePro when I run it from R or if there is other problem that I can´t see.

Any advice or any idea on how this can work!

I use:
Anaconda3 wtih python 3.8.5
R x64 4.0.3
RStudio v1.3.1093
Windows 10

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.