Uninstall String

Hello Team,

I have one short question regarding the latest version of RStudio (2022.02.2+485): is it meant only for 64bit architecture or does it support both 32bit and 64bit?

I am asking this is because I see that under the Download tab there is the "Requires Windows 10/11 (64-bit)" and checking the uninstall string in the reg key I found that it's under WOW6432NODE which means that it's a 32bit app installed on a 64-bit machine (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RStudio).

The reason why I need to know this is because we perform patching to a lot of customers that use RStudio and I need to know if I can add this new patch on top of the previous 32bit versions and still maintain it at 32 bit or create a new patch based on this latest version only for the 64bit architecture.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.