Update of OpenMx to version 2.20.7 fails on Windows 11

OpenMx was updated about a week ago to version 2.20.7. There is not yet an available package precompiled for the window OS. Attempts to update from source have failed because of "failure to find a directory," and I suspect that there must be some OpenMx package that has to be installed for the update from source to succeed. (The update completed successfully on my Ubuntu 22.04 desktop.) I'd be very grateful for any suggestions about how to complete this upgrade successfully on my windows desktop.

Running R 4.2.1 on Windows 11.
Thanks. Larry Hunsicker

Can you share the console output you get?

Yes. The OpenMx compile is verrrrry long. But all seems to go well until the last compile step before failure, where there are six repeats of the code:

C:\rtools42\x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix\bin/ld.exe: omxMLFitFunction.o:omxMLFitFunction.cpp:(.text$_ZN3tbb8internal26task_scheduler_observer_v3D1Ev[_ZN3tbb8internal26task_scheduler_observer_v3D1Ev]+0x18): undefined reference to `tbb::internal::task_scheduler_observer_v3::observe(bool)'

follwed by the following abend:

undefined references to `tbb::internal::task_scheduler_observer_v3::observe(bool)' follow
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
no DLL was created
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'OpenMx'

• removing 'C:/Larry/R/win-library/4.2/OpenMx'
  • restoring previous 'C:/Larry/R/win-library/4.2/OpenMx'
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘OpenMx’ had non-zero exit status

I have attached a pdf file of the end of the compile so that you can see the above in context.

EndOfOpenMxCompile.pdf (71.7 KB)

Thanks for your interest and any help that you can give me about this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.