Updated RStudio, now all RMDs are blank

Error Information:

Description of issue -
Updated RStudio (RStudio-2022.07.2-576.) and now when I open my rmd files they appear blank (the code that used to be in them it is not there anymore). This was also an issue with "old" R scripts, when I open them they are "blank"
ETA - It seems like the "blank" rmd's are those that are older than a year. Any ideas?

Steps taken so far -

I tried using this fix (Tools > Global Options> Code > Saving > UTF-8), but didn't work.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 022.07.2 Build 576
  • OS Version: "Spotted Wakerobin" Release (e7373ef8, 2022-09-06) for macOS
  • R Version: R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22) -- "Vigorous Calisthenics"
    Copyright (C) 2022 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
    Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)

Also:

• RStudio diagnostics report:
  • Your sessionInfo():
  • RStudio crash report:
  • RStudio application log files:

From Troubleshooting Guide: Using RStudio

What happens if you open a .rmd fIile in a text editor such as gedit or Notepad?

@salsarita We've seen a couple of similar issues in the past, but that was were on Windows, so they might not be the same. Are you saving on a local or remote/shared drive?

(The other issues were 1623 and 11206, if you're curious.]

I figured it out, it was the shared drive it was not connecting/downloading the file so when I opened it it was blank. Once I fixed the shared drive situation it was fine! Should have updated my bad!

No problem—I'm glad it worked out!
--Ron

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.