Upgrade R 3.6 to R 4.0.2

I used R 3.6 for all my projects but ever since I upgraded to R 4.0.2, nearly all the drafts that work previous beautifully are now all disabled after upgrade. I am seeking for the advices from the community and am asking instruction of how to reverse to where I was before (R 3.6.3) to be able to catch up on my projects now. Thank you!

1 Like

Many packages require re-installation following major releases. If time is exigent, downversioning R is possible. The details vary according to the operating system. CRAN's site makes it infeasible to link to specific pages. Search there for this example for Debian Linux.

Debian stretch (oldstable)

For a backport of R 3.6.3 to stretch, please add

deb http://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian stretch-cran35/

to the file /etc/apt/sources.list on your computer.

Please note that R packages from the Debian stretch distribution are not compatible with R 3.5.x, as it provides r-api-3.5, while the stretch packages depend on r-api-3.

Also, local packages installed before the update to R 3.5.0 will not work correctly if they use compiled code.

R packages you have compiled locally can be updated using

update.packages(lib.loc="/usr/local/lib/R/site-library", ask=FALSE, checkBuilt=TRUE)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.