User interface for archive of HTML files

I'm generating static HTML pages using Rmarkdown for a large set of users. Each gets their own HTML output. The end users have variable IT savvy. I generate new HTML files every two weeks for each client, but also keep historical files as well. Right now I am using WordPress to display the current HTML file (within iframe), and have a clumsy file picker on the side. But it just feels like the wrong tool. Given how many users are generating regular reports with markdown/knitr, this must be a solved problem. I'd love to know what others are doing.

RMarkdown may well be the right tool to use to generate your HTML reports. It's ideal as a template for generating fresh reports when new data comes in.

Your question however seems to be more about the design of the user interface for a website where users can download (or even generate) their reports. This I think is more of a general web design question, it's not really about R. You might even be able to solve your problem by providing a shared folders for each user via a service like Dropbox.

RMarkdown can be programmed to export its knitted output to a particular folder depending on variables such as user ID, or anything else.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.