Using external (windows(), x11(), etc) graphics devices in Shiny

I'm developing a Shiny project for visualizing data and find it convenient to use an external graphics device (windows()/x11()) sometimes so I can control size and aspect ratio of a plot. This seems to work find except that the usual 'right-click on the plot' gives me a popup with no visible text, even though the functions appear to work (I right click and see what happens). My questions are a) is this a good idea? and b) how can I restore the text in the popup menu?

Is your app expected to be deployed on a server? because on a headless server, you would not have windows()/x11()

No, it's just for the use of my team on individual computers.

I've just discovered by chance that if I use windows() to open a plot window from the RStudio console and create a plot, the right-click popup menu has no text, the same as from within Shiny. However, if I close the Shiny project and do the same, the menu text is normal, even if I load the Shiny library (library(shiny)). I'm never sure if odd behavior is a bug or my own lack of experience, but this seems odd.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.