using readWave (tuneR) with Mac OS Extended formatted drive

Hello- Here is a question from an R simpleton from my attempt at template matching in .wav files (I end up using makeCorTemplate). I recently switched from PC (Windows 7) to a MacBook Pro (Catalina 10.15.3). I have one external hard drive formatted NTFS. I have an external home studio HD formatted Mac OS Extended. I use "NTFS for Mac," an app to go between the NTFS drives and my Mac. I am ignorant as to how exactly it works, but it does. When I set my working directory to the project folder on the NTFS drive, I am able to use readWave (see the code below, from Volumes/PWSFX). Can I use Mac OS Extended formatted drives with RStudio? When I use an exact copy of the project folder on my Mac native HD as the working directory, it will not see wav file; when I use the Mac OS extended formatted drive, with the exact project folder copy, it will also not see it (see the Volumes/Mac Studio code below). I have been searching for this topic, reading the Mac R manual, the help docs for tuneR and info on readWave, my apologies if I missed this somewhere, if you direct me to the existing resource I would be grateful. Thanks for the help!

Error message:

> readWave("Templates/RHACOR.wav")
Error in readWave("Templates/RHACOR.wav") : No data chunk found

Using the NTFS drive ("PWSFX"):

setwd("/Volumes/PWSFX /Workspace 2020/Borneo Data Processing 2020")
readWave("R Templates/pelcap_1.wav")

Wave Object
Number of Samples: 2435831
Duration (seconds): 55.23
Samplingrate (Hertz): 44100
Channels (Mono/Stereo): Mono
PCM (integer format): TRUE
Bit (8/16/24/32/64): 16

Using the Mac OS Extended external drive ("Mac Studio"):

setwd("/Volumes/Mac Studio/Borneo Data Processing 2020")
readWave("Templates/rhacor.wav")
Error in readWave("Templates/rhacor.wav") :
File 'Templates/rhacor.wav' does not exist.
readWave("Templates/RHACOR.wav")

Using the Mac internal HD:

setwd("~/Desktop/Borneo Data Processing 2020")

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.