Using Rmarkdown to create website

I am new to creating website using Rmarkdown
I was able to build a simple website as follow:.

I want to make my website similar to rmarkdown page https://rmarkdown.rstudio.com/lesson-1.html

so that when I click the first link normal distribution, the content would come up and replace the document image instead of redirecting to a separate tab, and the URL would point to Normal.html; when I click the second link, the content of Paired T-test would replace the document image and the URL would indicate T-test.html and so on.

I have forked the rmarkdown rstudio site and found its github pages do not originate from the master branch, but from the gh-pages branch indeed.....

I tried to navigate the codes, it seems like the framework of the "Get started" menu is defined in _pkgdown.yml, but as a beginner it's not so easy for me to fully understand it.

I just wonder can I simply integrate put _pkgdown.yml on the folders in master branch and use Github desktop to commit and push the changes and achieve what I want?

I have been searching whole day and couldn't find any example on the web.

I have even tried to read bookdown site , but it seems like not what I am exactly looking for.

Would anyone please kindly shed some light or guide me to the proper material?

Looking forward to any comment. Thanks so much!

brgds,
Millie

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.