valueBox() for hyperlink and output should be shown another window.

shiny

I want to render a website through 'valueBox' as a hyperlink. Here below is the code:

library(shiny)
library(shinydashboard)

ui = shinyUI(dashboardPage(
  dashboardHeader(title = "sam"),
  dashboardSidebar( ),
  dashboardBody(
           fluidRow(
      valueBox("100", subtitle = tags$p("Attendance", style = "font-size: 200%;"),
           icon = icon("trademark"), color = "yellow", width = 4,
           href = "https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/")
    ) )))

server <- shinyServer(function(input, output) {

})

shinyApp(ui,server)

I want that output should shown in another window, just like pop-up window.

0 Likes

Hi @sankarachari, just to make sure I understand, when you click on the valueBox(), you want the href to open in another window within your application's page? Or are you wanting to open another browser window?

0 Likes

browser window

Thanks for replying.

0 Likes

This is a bit of a hack (it makes assumptions about the HTML structure used internally by shinydashboard::valueBox()), but you could get it working by adding some custom JavaScript...something like this:

document.querySelector(".small-box").parentNode.setAttribute("onclick", "window.open('https://economictimes.indiatimes.com', 'newwindow', 'width=300,height=250'); return false;")

(NOTE: if you wanted multiple valueBox()s to open multiple different links, that JS would have to be a bit more sophisticated)

If you put that in a file www/open-window.js alongside your app.R that has:

library(shiny)
library(shinydashboard)

ui <- dashboardPage(
  dashboardHeader(title = "sam"),
  dashboardSidebar(),
  dashboardBody(
    fluidRow(
      valueBox("100", subtitle = tags$p("Attendance", style = "font-size: 200%;"),
               icon = icon("trademark"), color = "yellow", width = 4)
    ),
    tags$script(src = "open-window.js")
  )
)

server <- function(input, output) {

}

shinyApp(ui,server)
0 Likes

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

0 Likes