ValueEQ5D Package

Dear All,

I am particularly new to R - and subsequently drenched in red ink error stains.

However, I wanted to ask if someone could help with a package known as ValueEQ5D:

Most specifically, I am trying to carry out the the function 'map 5L to 3L'. https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/valueEQ5D/versions/0.6.1/topics/map_5Lto3L

Basically, what this means is that health scores were measured in 5 levels, and I would like to map these to 3 levels, in terms of data reduction.

However, when I load in my Excel sheet and follow the R code, I get persistent error terms such as:

'Could not find function' (referring to my data)
'Column names do not match' (despite my columns having the same name as the commands)
'argument missing' (it says 'mobility' is missing with no default).

Would genuinely appreciate if someone has ran this set of commands before to show me an example of how they've done so, and what their Excel sheet looks like in preparation for the operation.

Best,

Andrew

Can you show a bit of your data? Try running

dput(head(DF))

but replace DF with the name of the data frame containing your data. Post the output of that here between lines containing only three back ticks
```
your output here
```
And please say which columns correspond to mobility, self_care, etc.

Hi FJCC,

Thanks for your response.

I've attached a screenshot of the data titled 'EQ5', and the code I've been using:

map_5Lto3L(eq5dresponse_data = EQ5(mobility = c(1), self_care = c(2), usual_activities = c(3), pain_discomfort = c(4), anxiety = c(5),  country = "UK", groupby = NULL, agelimit = NULL)```

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 15.24.50

I think you want to use the code. I assume EQ5 is the name of your data frame.

map_5Lto3L(eq5dresponse_data = EQ5, mobility = "mobility", self_care = "self_care",
  usual_activities = "usual_activities", pain_discomfort = "pain_discomfort", anxiety = "anxiety")

The function documentation says that the parameters should be passed as a name.

I'm sure you shared this image with the best intentions, but perhaps you didnt realise what it implies.
If someone wished to use example data to test code against, they would type it out from your screenshot...

This is very unlikely to happen, and so it reduces the likelihood you will receive the help you desire.
Therefore please see this guide on how to reprex data. Key to this is use of either datapasta, or dput() to share your data as code

Thanks for your contribution, FJCC

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.