Warning message: R graphics engine version 14 is not supported by this version of RStudio. The Plots tab will be disabled until a newer version of RStudio is installed.

Hi,
I am using RStudio server and from yesterday I am getting this warning message " R graphics engine version 14 is not supported by this version of RStudio. The Plots tab will be disabled until a newer version of RStudio is installed" and does not plot anything.

I would be happy anyone give me quick answer on this.
Thank you!
Amare

It looks like your version of R is newer than your version of RStudio. Install the most recent version of RStudio.

The move to the 4.x versions of R seems to be giving these problems.

I have the same problem. I updated to the newest version of Rstudio and R this morning and it is still happening. Any suggestions?

What exactly are the versions of R and RStudio

The version number under "About Rstudio" is 1.0.143 which I installed this morning from Rstudio-1.4.1717.exe.

The R version is 4.1.0

Okay, I have R 4.1.0 which CRAN tells me is the most recent.
However I have RStudio 1.4.174 and when I go to Help -> Check for Updates, it tells me that ver 1.4.1717 seems to be available. Well it did but it seems to have stopped telling me that and now it is telling me that i have the most recent! It lies!

For the truly brave, or possibly foolhardy, there is RStudio v1.4.1725-2 Preview RStudio Preview - RStudio

In any case, despite what lies RStudio is telling you, you do not have the most recent version. I would suggest going to Download the RStudio IDE - RStudio and downloading 1.4.1717 and installing it.

The problem I an experiencing is with the current version 1.4.1717 installed.

Sorry mis-read that.

I am at a loss at the moment though I suppose if you wanted to give it a try you could try the Preview version of RStudio.

Alternatively, if no one turns up with a better idea you might want to try a re-install of R.

Sorry not to be of more help.

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled Rstudio and it works now. Thanks for your help.

Ah great. Sorry i did not think of that sooner

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.