Maya and I are excited for the 1-day Web Design for Shiny Developers workshop!
During this workshop, we'll use Posit Cloud for the main activity.
- Create an account on Posit Cloud](https://posit.cloud/).
However, it is more than recommended to have a backup on your personal laptop and that you have relevant software installed and configured prior to the workshop start.
- Local setup: please be ready with recent versions of both R and RStudio. See: Chapter 5 Install or upgrade R and RStudio | Happy Git and GitHub for the useR
- Local setup: it is essential that you setup Git/GitHub in advance: Chapter 3 Workshops | Happy Git and GitHub for the useR
- Optional: Install VS Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/), with R language support (R - Visual Studio Marketplace).
If you have questions in advance of the workshop, please answer to this thread.
During the workshop, we will be using Discord as our main communication method. To make the process go smoothly:
- Please sign up for an account if you don’t already have one.
- Make sure your display name is the one you used to register for the conference.
- In your “About Me”, put the name of your workshop(s).
Closer to the start of the conference, we will invite you to the posit::conf Discord server, share the repository containing the slides and exercises and further instructions to be ready.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Maya and David