Webinar Follow Up Thread - What Every Data Scientist Should Know About Education

This is a follow-up thread on the Webinar.

What Every Data Scientist Should Know About Education: - presented by Greg Wilson, Data Scientist and Professional Educator

Date: April 3
Time: 11:00AM EDT

Webinar Description: Thousands of programmers teach coding, web design, robotics, and other skills in the workplace or after-school programs and bootcamps, but most have never been taught how to teach well. Just as knowing a few basic facts about germs and nutrition can help you stay healthy, knowing a few things about cognitive science and instructional design can help you design better lessons and deliver them more effectively. This webinar presents a handful of evidence-based practices you can use right now, explains why we believe they are true, and points you at other resources that will help you go further.

A recording of the webinar will appear here: resources.rstudio.com/webinars

I enjoyed the webinar. I whipped out the corporate card and bought a stack of books thanks to your recommendations. I'm looking forward to taking the training certification classes when those are available.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.