What, exactly, is "Home Directory", and how do I redefine it?

Just starting with Rstudio, so please be patient with my questions. It opens to what it calls "Home Directory" -- but that cannot be! Cannot be a real directory on my Windows 10. I've looked high and low and cannot find a directory (on my pc, not the strange thing that appears in Rstudio) that contains the files/folders in Rstudio's arbitrarily constructed "Home Directory". I want "Home" to be a Real directory -- one I've created on my C: drive. One with a name I've given it (not "Home Directory"), and with the files and subdirectories I've put there. And only those. One which opens when I open Rstudio.
How can I make that happen?

Home directory is a concept of your operating system, and not an invention of Rstudio IDE

setwd() will get you part of what you want.

I think what you actually want to change is the "Default working directory", which defaults to the "Home Directory" set by your operating system. You can change that in "Global Options -> General"

Also, you might want to look into using "Projects" for your workflow.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.