What statistical test would I use for this experiment?

Hi there, I'm sorry I'm still very new to this platform, R and coding in general. I have a question that's not really related to coding at all, but statistical testing.

I have two groups of organisms, all of the same species but from two different habitats, labelled "group 1" and "group 2" as well as a control group for both habitats "c1" and "c2." All organisms are female. I have a separate group of males.

I would like to see if dietary vitamin C levels effect the number of eggs produced by the females, so I have set up a hypothetical experiment as follows:
The control group is given food containing maximum Vitamin C. Individuals in group 1 and 2 are started off with food containing little Vitamin C, allowed to breed and the number of eggs recorded. They are then placed on a diet containing moderate Vitamin C, allowed to breed again and the number of eggs recorded. This is then done once more with an even higher dosage of Vitamin C.

I am quite clueless when it comes to statistical tests; I am not sure how many factors this experiment would be, I thought perhaps 2 (level of Vitamin C and habitat type). I assume it has three levels (little Vit C, moderate and high levels). And also then which statistical test I would use to check significance. I have been suggested to use some type of ANOVA, but unsure which.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.