Why can't I find my R -> Excel file

I have created a table via R and want to export it to an Excel file. I've downloaded writexl and have used the write_xlsx command, and no errors pop up. But when I go to my working directory I can't find any excel files there. I have tried changing my working directory but no dice. I am using ...

getwd()
[1] "/Users/hank00000/Desktop/R/"
write_xlsx(x = Guilds, path = "GuildTables.xlsx", col_names = TRUE)

My table is named Guilds. I have tried numerous variations (even as simple as just write_xlsx(Guilds) but can't get an output! Thank you for any help.

Hi @hank00000,
Welcome to the RStudio Community Forum.

Does the output file you expect to see show up if you run dir()?

The write_xlsx() function can only export dataframes (not tables). If you do have a table, you will need to convert it to a dataframe first (see ?as.data.frame). However, you said that you don't see an error (which you should see if you try and write a table) so maybe you can post part of the Guilds object and the code used to produce it so that folk here can provide further diagnosis?

HTH

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.