Will Rstudio ever become a snap/flatpak/AppImage

Hi,

I was wondering if RStudio will ever be distributed as a snap/flatpak/AppImage? I know there was a discussion about this some time ago, but I havent' heard any news about this recently.

I want to also say that I have been a happy RStudio user for many years. Thank you for a great product. I also think it's great that RStudio/Posit is bringing better support for Python as well - so users can get the best of both worlds using Rstudio. Maybe add support for Julia, too? :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

In the meantime, there's {juliacall}

1 Like

Cool! How have I missed this?! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I’d like to second this, I’m currently using a GNU/Linux distribution whose Rstudio package has broken paths to the compiler headers, so I’d need to either guess how to fix it myself (either by updating my $PATH, or by modifying the Rinternals.h header by hand), to use shared computers at my university, or to run a different operating system (e.g. Tails or Windows). If my teachers can’t use Rstudio on any GNU/Linux distribution, they’ll associate the whole GNU project with unreliability.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.